Georgia Options is a Drug Free, Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgia Options Inc. benefits package for full-time employees includes eligibility for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Georgia Options, Inc. pays 70% of the employees’ medical insurance cost. Eligible employees receive $10,000 in life insurance at no cost.
Full-time employees also receive two weeks of annual and sick leave time; as well as six (6) days of personal leave.
******* PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ALL OF THE CURRENT OPENINGS *******
Community Support Coordinator
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Develop detailed knowledge of the needs, preferences, and desired outcomes of assigned individuals through a personal relationship and using tools such as Futures Planning, ISP goals, Personal Outcome Measures. Develop rapport, communicate regularly and identify needs with individuals supported, their families and their direct support professionals at least weekly and as needed.
2. Introduce Direct Support Professional candidates to individuals (and families if appropriate) for input into hiring decisions. Recruit, interview, hire, schedule, train and supervise DSPs for success. Collaborate with HR on proper hiring and termination practices.
3. Facilitate groups and one-on-one coaching to address initial and ongoing training needs of companions. Determine and document competency of assigned staff.
4. Schedule and facilitate regular household meetings with staff and individuals, assisting in problem solving as needed and celebrating accomplishments. Ensure staff is focused on ISP goals and personal outcome measures.
5. Develop and use management strategies that facilitate leadership, teamwork, good will, and problem solving among household staff and individuals.
7. Provide supervision to staff regularly. Conduct annual professional development (Performance Reviews) of staff.
8. Manage and keep current on medical and dental appointments of assigned individuals, conduct follow-up in timely manner, and document. Ensure all medical needs are met.
11. Respond to crisis situations in which an individual needs emergency care and/or back-up support. Find and organize staff to fill immediate needs.
12. Provide emergency staffing if necessary.
14. Work with others to ensure Exceptional Rate requests are developed timely and all requirements are implemented.
16. Assist in developing circles of support for assigned individuals.
17. Verify timekeeping for scheduled staff. Work with Finance office as needed to ensure payroll accuracy.
18. Manage all required documentation, including evidence of regular supervisory visits.
19. Ensure that all persons supported that need a Behavior Support Plan have one that is current and that staff are trained on how to use it. Prioritize those who have Exceptional Rates.
20. Rotate after hours on-call duty
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Direct Support Professional
Georgia Options, Inc. seeks candidates interested in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities. A high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license and insured vehicle are required. Full-time and part-time positions available for day, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
Successful candidates must:
- Respect choices and preferences of person
- Treat the person with respect
- Have reliable transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Have ability to complete tasks involving lifting, pulling, bending, squatting, reaching, and driving
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Upon hire, complete and maintain certification in all required training, including CPR/FA and Safety Care, as provided by Georgia Options
- Assist individual with hygiene and grooming
- Assist with housekeeping and meal preparation
- Document activities and behaviors and keep accurate records
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities is preferred.